Job title: Yacht Administrator
Location: Monaco office
Type of contract: CDD from November 2016 to June 2017 ( Maternity Leave Replacement)
Overall purpose of the Job
To ensure that assigned yachts are operated and maintained in accordance with those elements of the Fraser Yacht Management System while representing the owner’s best interest.
The goal is to provide clear and accurate budgets, reports, accounting and logistic support as required. Work as a member of the Yacht Management Team, using Company procedures and best Yacht Management practices in close cooperation with the Captain, Manager Yacht Services, Crew Administrators and Technical Superintendents.
General Tasks and Duties:
- Book Keeping
* enter and record all vessel financial activity into appropriate accounting software
* Categorizing expenditure and income as made/ received
* Request vessels accounts file and import into accounting software
* Verify vessels cash and credit cards receipts entered and categorized correctly by master
* Reconcile Vessels Credit Card records against Bank records
* Balance the yacht’s Cash and Credit card accounts
* Create preliminary budget with input from the Technical Superintendent, Owner and Captain.
* Enter budget into software file for the specific yacht account
* Produce a finalized budget after input from the Technical Superintendent and approval from the Owner (usually December of each year) or as required.
- Financial Reports
In accordance with the requirements of the Yacht Management agreement, carry out task from the following list:
* Create monthly, quarterly and annual financial report
* Present financial reports to Technical Superintendent for review and then dispatch to client
* Prepare monthly or quarterly funding request, or contact owner if unscheduled funding is required due to budget shortfalls
* Liaise with Technical Superintendent regarding work lists, shipyard works, or project funding requests.
*Process monthly payroll instructions from master
- Accounts Payable / Banking
*Direct and advise client on opening a dedicated bank account for the yacht
*Liaise with relevant bank for operation of ships’ account
*Receive and present invoices and bills for approval by Master or Technical Superintendent
*Timely payment of all duly approved bills and invoices
*Verification of any other income
- Financial Overview
*Develop understanding of normal and expected costs for each yacht and itinary
*Designate spending Limits per payment method
*Monitor and alert Technical Superintendent to unusual expenditure items.
Required skills, attributes and experience:
* Experienced in accounting, preferably in the yachting industry.
* Organized and disciplined, efficient in keeping strict control on accounts and payment due dates.
* Good communication skills, allowing and efficient contact with the Owners and Captains of the managed yachts.
* Accounting knowledge is essential, general knowledge in yachting and maritime regulations are appreciated.
* Proficient in spoken and written English is essential; at least one other language is required. Italian, Russian and French are an advantage.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Specialize Accounting Software is a plus
* Accounting degree preferred, previous job experience might be considered equivalent.
Please send your CV in English together with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Candidates considered interesting for this position will be contacted within 20 days, if not please deem the position filled.