Job Location: Monaco
Role and Responsibility
The Superintendent will be responsible for overall day-to-day management of assigned Yachts to ensure they are operated and maintained in a safe, compliant and efficient manner; in particular the following are required:
Requirements and Experience
- Ship Certificates follow up
- Implementation and improvement of the PMS as necessary
- Critical equipment policy follow up
- Review and follow up on defect reports
- Verification maintenance status on Monthly reports received from Yachts
- Liaise with classification society for surveys and certification.
- Evaluate vessel's level of compliance with relevant IMO, National and Class requirements, monitoring that the equipment on board is correctly maintained and operated, adequate spares are carried, and to prepare and oversee correction measures for any shortfalls
- Obtain and compile office SMS records and technical data for Yachts
- Carry out regular inspection of the Yachts
- Attend annual and major visits by Class and Flag Administrations
- Supervise the Yachts during Refit period
- Assist Safety Department as instructed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of yacht industry experience
- Experience as a Chief Engineer on board yachts is a plus
- Previous Technical shore based experience is required
- A good level of spoken and written English is required; other languages would be a bonus
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel
- Multi-skilled (ability to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision), Client focus, commitment, time management, work planning, team work, problem solving, initiative, decision making and ongoing improvement attitude
- Preference will be given to candidates already leaving in the area
- Extensive Travel is required (the position requires 30-40% of travel time, local and international).
- The position reports to the Technical Manager
Please send your CV in English together with a short covering letter to email@example.com
Candidates to be considered for this post will be contacted within 20 days, otherwise please deem the position filled.