Job title : Safety Superintendent
Location : Monaco office
Overall purpose of the job :
To maintain the safe , secure, compliant operation of assigned ships in compliance with the ISM and ISPS code , the company SMS and the industry good practices. To provide an effective link between the Company and the yachts, to verify and monitor all safety and pollution prevention activities in the operation of each assigned ship and to ensure that adequate resources and shore-based support is applied as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Takes lead in implementing applicable parts of the SMS on board assigned vessels
- Hasten and review vessel returns (Master Monthly Report , Incident Report etc…)
- Attend annual and major visits by Flag state and Port State when requested by the Captain
- Form part of the Emergency Response Team
- Keep track of expiration and survey dates for required Ships Certificates
- Advises and assist master to apply for Ship certifications as required
- Assists the Safety Services Supervisor in reviewing and analyzing Incident Report, result of the audits, surveys, Non Conformity Report etc..
- Assists in developing and implementing procedures
- Conducts Statutory regulations watch keeping
- Conducts Audits as per the Audit yearly schedule and on request
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB (essential skills, qualifications and experience):
Knowledge of Flag statutory regulations, ISM and ISPS code.
Experienced in conducting internal audits.
Experience of a minimum of 5 years working experience in the same or similar position, working in the Yachting industry is preferred.
Multi-skilled (ability to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision)
Client focus, Commitment, time management, work planning, team work, problem solving, initiative, decision making, ongoing improvement attitude.
Ability and willingness to travel (the position required 30-40% of travel time, local or internationally).
The candidate should preferably have deck officer background, with experience from similar shore positions and minimum seagoing experience as a Chief Officer.
Class surveyor experience or higher education degree within the Marine Field could potentially be considered equivalent
Fluency in English is a requirement. To speak French, Spanish, Russian, Italian or other languages is a plus.
Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel.
Please send your CV in English with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Candidates considered interesting for this position will be contacted within 20 days, if not please deem the position filled.